Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ode to Letting Go

In this life I prepare for my death –

(And what a glorious death it will be)

How much better can I prepare

Than practicing the art of letting go?

I exercise the art – I train the art

I craft the art – I ponder the art

Oh every day – Oh times like this

I obsess over the art of letting go

Oh but my ego, my ego is so strong and vain!

My ego has written numerous poems

Sang countless songs – Achieved infinite goals

Embellished one million stories

Ok, maybe a hundred or so – 

More like five hundred really --

See how sneaky and smart my ego can be?

Ego, my greatest enemy – How I love thee!

Let me put my heart aside

So I can properly massage and stroke you

Let my body tense, my teeth clench

So that I may suffer the misery of your company

For just one more moment.

Allow me to reside in this human body

And make decisions for your image

Than for my soul’s own good.

Ego, may I never trust the Universe

So you shall forever corrupt my world!

Wait a second – Oh Ego!

The eternal trickster! You have got me once again!

You are so vain and strong My Ego

That I have forgotten this was an…

Ode to Letting Go.


"And I will show that nothing can happen more beautiful than death." --Walt Whitman

No comments: