Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Everything is Going to Be Alright

There is a large stage with four turntables on it. There is a big DJ battle. There are butts in every seat of the auditorium, including the butts of those I love most and the butts who don't know me from Adam. Andrew goes up and kills it. I go up and my computer crashes. I turn it back on and all I get are spam, porn sites that pop up when you try to open crap websites. My Serato starts playing the wrong songs... my knees are wobbling. I want to puke and crawl into a hole (preferably one before the other). There is silence, and just me struggling. I fell asleep thinking of Bob Marley: "My fear is my only courage, so I've got to push on through..."
I woke up with a beat I'd never heard in my head and a new tattoo idea to boot... I recorded the beat with my voice box on my iPhone, and am going to lay it down in the studio... working through fear can be so rewarding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent attitude!