Thursday, February 20, 2025

Smash Got Red Pilled - How the Bernie Lovin Democrat went MAGA

 

Standing in line to see Bernie speak with friends and coworkers in Santa Cruz the summer of 2016 (and actually getting in to see him) was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. We laughed, we cried, we belonged, we felt hope for the world that there was this amazing man speaking our hearts and souls so passionately on the stage. Gretel, my dog, was in a Bernie music video, directed my some talented friends in Oakland, and obviously our little family fit right in with the talented visionaries and open hearted revolutionaries. I made sure to cement my feelings for him playing “FDT - Fuck Donald Trump” by YG and Nipsey at Emissions Festival that same month.

So what happened to me to do a complete 180? Was it my move to Oregon? Was it becoming a new mother? Was it propaganda that I was dumb enough to fall for? Was I hit in the head with a 2 x 4 (someone actually asked me that). What would propel me from safety, belonging, and community, to a rebellious choice that would bring those who loved me yesterday to despise me over night. And how can you prevent it from happening to your loved ones, or to YOU?

You can’t.

But I can tell you my story in hopes that even the person on the other side of the spectrum, can understand and maybe even empathize with my journey, even if they don’t agree with my views. I have been leaking my stance in an exploratory fashion since this summer, and some of it was met with grace, some of it was met with curiosity, but mostly I was met with unadulterated disgust. Mathematically I lost 1500 followers and 3 close “friends,” so there’s some statistics for ya.

One of the most interesting responses was that a friend did not have time to meet with me for lunch because it would take more than an hour lunch break to “change my mind.” There will be no changing my mind, because, getting red pilled is a psychedelic experience and once it happens, you can’t go back. Once you see the world afterwards, you can’t unsee it.

The good news is, I’ve heard there are others heading in my direction and at least I won’t be this alone for much longer. And if I am, so be it, my truth is not to be compromised.

But enough of trying to place a finger on the intangible outcome and the insane lonely optimism I feel afterwards (I save that for my therapist), I’ll give everyone a quick summary of how I got here so I don’t have to keep explaining myself.

It all started with stand up comedy. I work a 9-5 job in the tech industry, and one day, my boss decided to throw me into sales (against my will, but I always say yes to new adventures). And I was petrified to cold call strangers, believe it or not, so I decided to take a stand up comedy class in order to pacify my strange terror.

So I started listening to Kill Tony - a lot. I began to pick up on the rogues, ya know, the Shane McGillis’s, the Roseanne Barr’s (she became a huge part of my red pilling), the (yes here I’m saying it- JOE ROGAN’S). Ya know, the BOYS. The rough and tumble, raunchy AF comedians, which of course Tony Henchcliffe was king. And then I started spiraling into their podcasts, mainly Joe Rogan and Roseanne Barr (who, mind you is Jewish, a fact I never knew). And then I started rabbit holing into their guests and etc etc.

Soon I came to realize that the former democrats, Roseanne, RFK, Tulsi, Elon, and even Trump, were the ones on the other line in the sand. I accidentally listened to a Joe Rogan podcast one day (#2173 to be exact) out of sheer boredom with some comedian dude I had never heard of before, and lo and behold, I would become a huge fan of this previously unheard of character. This ex journalist and now stand up comedian is named Jimmy Dore. You will look him up on Wiki and they will claim him as a conspiracy theorist, to devalue his opinion. The trick is that legacy media encourages anyone who believes a different narrative a conspiracy theorist, or a Nazi sympathizer, to avoid an intelligent discussion because in doing so you are immediately throwing that person under the bus and devaluing their intelligence by gaslighting them.

Most of my “friends” and my “community” are doing this exact same thing to me.

Dore calls it a “hate boner.”

But to me, JIMMY DORE IS TRUTH.

So, he won’t state what party he is but I believe he’s in the green party? Anyway, if ya haven’t listened to him, before you call me an idiot, a Nazi sympathizer, or a Trumper (OK I kind of am a Trumper now), you should try. He’s on the liberal side of news and he’s who I get my news from. Anyone else, including most Instagram news sources, are factually the source of everyone’s anger, misinformation, and strife.

The whole point, and I won’t get into politics minutely, is that once you begin listening to a different sourcepoint of news, you look at things differently, and realize how much propaganda is floating in the mainstream, mostly on NPR, TV, and Meta platforms. I now get my news from Unbiased podcast, The Jimmy Dore Show, and the Roseanne Barr podcast. These sources have kept me abreast of global news in a way I feel is more fair and more positive to the outcome of humanity.

My intro to liking Trump was simply that the FBI spied on his phone (this is a proven fact) and then I realized that there was something very wrong with that and it made me second guess whether or not Trump Derangement Syndrome was a thing. Is hating the FBI so bad? Why don’t my friends agree with this sentiment? After much research, I have come to the conclusion TDS is a very real and serious thing that one should at least question as reality as being what they’re told to do which is oppose it as a conspiracy theory.

Because once I realized how against him the mainstream media is (mainly Soros and Gates owned outlets including NPR which I used to listen to obsessively), well this is where my red-pilling journey began.

It bothers me that so many of my friends are using identity politics as a virtue signaling shield, and poo pooing more than one sentence of anyone who wants to challenge their narrative, shutting them down immediately by calling them insane Nazi sympathizers, when truthfully, at this point and with all my research, I would prefer to challenge them in a political debate. The problem is 95% of them won’t even allow an open conversation about it, get frustrated and act like a tiny child throwing a tantrum whenever you have a valid point against them.

Also is my community really that brainwashed to believe I like Nazis? Did my community ever know me and the work I have done musically? If they were to think critically and not follow the formula they see on the internet, it doesn’t add up. Its a lazy way of arguing.

In summary, I am not looney toons, I am optimistic about the world and where we are heading, and I have proof to back it up - if anyone gave me a chance to, which they usually won’t. I do have a lot of like minded artists sliding into my DMs thanking me for speaking up, who are too afraid to comment in solidarity on my posts for fear of the very exact thing I am going through, which is a total ectomy of myself from my community. Nice work, this has been accomplished.

Luckily at this point I have a family who loves me, children who dote on me, close friends who support me, a job that values me, and they’re all I need to keep me going. Its been the perfect storm of rebellion.

I wrote a rap called Canceltooth, and it explains my brain -

“I’m no longer in service

Took the red pill, got curious

X got cheney nervous

Legacy made you furious.

While you’ve been in a k bump

I’ve been studying trump

Yah i watched the apprentice

And trump be dennis the menace.

My views are my own so don’t make them yours

Don’t close your doors or your hatred festers our sores

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

So I’ll chill and back off but you can kiss my behind

//Talk shit about jesus

I’ll run you over in my prius

See im into tolerance

While you be into followence

Bob weir married a minor

And you want to give trump a shiner

Do you see the contradictions

Of life’s complex predictions?

See people be deep

Like a secret you keep

How bo peep loves her sheep

Like grim reaper harvests a weep!

While you’re at the bar

I took my mind out real far

And Realized my tears in a jar Couldn’t gas up my car

//Sing a little song about how your shlong is long

And how many followers you got all day long

Offended you with honesty

How you can’t let me be

You’re bitchin up the wrong tree

Nobody puts me in the corner

I used to long jump – jackie joyner

Now i’m a mom with a pooch

And a fertile caboose

Your shit attitude i’ll boof

Suck it up my ass – poof!

I’m cancelled i’m silenced – there won’t be no proof

You can’t handle the tooth”

And here's my first time doing stand up, which started this whole thing.

3 comments:

robgwin said...

Well written and interesting. There's one part I still don't understand. I totally get the disillusionment with the Dem party, the federal bureacracy, FBI, etc. I totally get the TDS thing too -- all the hyperventilating can be pretty ridiculous and counterproductive. What I don't get... is how these revelations must necessarily lead to actual political Trump support. Maybe in a shallow, middle-finger culture war kinda way, sure, but as president? Even if he's not as horrifically evil as the freak-out left makes him out to be, isn't he still a selfish huckster con man at his core? It seems undeniable to me. Are you a Trumper because you believe in the guy? Or just because he's (or was) the "outsider" calling bullshit? Love to hear more someday.

Art Seek Main said...

Ashley! How are ya babe? Okay, there's a lot here and no way I'll be able to adequately argue "my side of things" here in the comments, but I would love to talk to you about this. A, yes it's shocking and I empathize your struggles with this journey and finding yourself at loggerheads with the community and friends, but B. I would absolutely LOVE to talk to you about this. Unbeknownst to most, I'm a history buff and was a straight-A student in college and trust me, I've been deep, deep, deep in the research trenches for a very long time as well, but I've gone onto the other side, but not in a because that's what everyone else did way; I've got the oodles of facts to back it up as well. It would be of course a very long and indepth conversation and will have to be over many times and would be difficult to get through, but I love you and I would love to devote the time to talk things with you. I'm sorry you've had to go through backlash for your views. It seriously can't be easy.. I would love to talk with you. We can pick each other's brain stems. I've got a lot of solid perspective I can offer and would love to talk to you. Shoot me up on Messenger (don't want to display my particulars here in the open). Miss you girl. -Art

Amoretta Jones said...

I don't know who you are, but I want to hear your thoughts